Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rconkin (new member)

2 posters

Go down

rconkin (new member) Empty rconkin (new member)

Post  chuck Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

Originally posted on 3/5/12 by rconkin..

We joined a week or so ago. I was invited by merrykalia as she and I have had conversations about Natural Tunnel on another forum. I thought we had worked out the trip to Misty River in April and was looking forward to meeting some new fellow campers until I realized opening day for Little League here is April 14th. I'm Ray (46) and my wife is Karen (47). We live in the Harmony community in Washington County. We have 4 grown children between the two of us that are 30, 23, 22, and 21. My son (21) is the only one still at home. We are on round 2 since we are raising two grandkids (8 and 6) and have had custody of them for 5 years. We have been married 6 years and camping together for 5 years. We are on our 3rd 5er and 3rd truck as we got the bug pretty hard. Let's just say I'm not allowed to take the camper in for service anymore as the last time a brake adjustment/wheel bearing service turned into another camper. I camped with my parents growing up and Karen did some tent camping in her earlier years. We camp a lot at Eastman Campground in Kingsport and try to get to Tybee Island once a year. We also like to go to Hot Springs, NC and Bear Den in Spruce Pine. Our anniversary trip every year is to Hot Springs. What more could a guy ask for than a wife that wanted to camp for her anniversary. Karen is a CPA at Eastman and I start work their next month. We are really pretty boring as we love just hanging out at home or camping. We got reacquainted on Match.com, but, that's a story for a campfire one night. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

rconkin (new member) Empty Re: rconkin (new member)

Post  Richard Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 am

I'm up for hearing that campfire story. Sounds like you are a good fit for our little group.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down