Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Creek Falls Info

2 posters

Go down

Fall Creek Falls Info Empty Fall Creek Falls Info

Post  Helmsey Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:58 pm

We are looking to take a trip in November to Fall Creek Falls and hope someone here might be familiar with it. Can anyone recommend a site that will hold a 34' 5th wheel and wide enough for opposing slides?
We drove through the park in 2009 but don't remember a thing about it. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Helmsey

Back to top Go down

Fall Creek Falls Info Empty Re: Fall Creek Falls Info

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:28 pm

How was your trip? We are going to try to go sometime this spring or early summer. Any reviews? Is any loop/area better than the others? We... erra I, enjoy a site with sewer hookups when I can get it. Any sites close to the lake? I've heard it's a very nice park, but we've never been there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Helmsey Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:06 pm

We had a pretty good trip to FCF, other than a slight toilet leak but that wasn't the parks fault  Very Happy 
We stayed in a full hookup site in the B loop, if memory serves were in site 94. I picked it just from the pictures on the reservation site as this one looked nice and long, and more import it was wide enough for opposing slides. If we were to venture back there, I would likely look at staying in that loop for sure, and possibly that same site. We had 5 campers in our group that weekend, and all of us needed leveling assistance so be sure to carry some with you if you go. Some of the other sites didn't look as bad but most of the sites we saw campers in had some sort of block under a tire to level them. We really enjoyed our time there, and the park is nice and clean.
With that said, we will likely not make a camping trip back to FCF unless we are going with someone else who happens to be staying there. For us, we liked Cumberland Mountain as much and it is a much easier to get to. If you want to run over to FCF while staying at Cumberland Mountain it is a much better drive without towing there. Both Cumberland Mountain and Fall Creek Falls are off the same exit on I-40. CM is about 10 minutes off the interstate, and FCF is about an hour and 15 minutes off the interstate.

Helmsey

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 pm

I have reservations at FCF for memorial day weekend.. My first camping trip there.. Looking forward to it. I reserved site D 190.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down