Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roan Mountain Has Wi-Fi

2 posters

Go down

Roan Mountain Has Wi-Fi Empty Roan Mountain Has Wi-Fi

Post  Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:03 pm

We are camping at Roan Mountain this weekend. They now has Wi-Fi in the campground. They still don't have any cell phone reception, at least from Verizon, or over-the-air TV channels. We spent last night watching Andy Griffith DVD's. I checked the laptop this morning just to do something "technical" and low and behold the Wi-Fi connected. Hurray Netflix! A pleasant surprise to say the least! Hiked the Cloudland Trail up to the Roan High Bluff this morning. I'll try to post a pic or two after I rest and have a refreshing beverage or two.

Back to top Go down

Roan Mountain Has Wi-Fi Empty Re: Roan Mountain Has Wi-Fi

Post  Richard Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Nice to know about the wifi, thanks.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stovepipe Thu May 28, 2015 11:35 am

Ok, so I really want to take the family to Roan Mountain. Everything I've read about it sounds amazing. I'm not sure exactly when this trip will be, could be in the fall, but I like to plan ahead and reserve the best sites as early as possible.

Can anyone suggest a good campsite here? Apparently sites 41-90 are on a steep slope but I'm not sure if that is necessarily a bad thing. Sites on the east side are right on the river but look very close together on the map. The northeast sites are for tents. I'd like to not be too far from a bath house.

Roan Mountain Has Wi-Fi EomESXj

If need be I'll drive over there one Sunday afternoon and scout it out, but if anyone has been there and can describe the setup and/or suggest a good site for a pop-up I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Stovepipe
Stovepipe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down