Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers? Empty Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers?

Post  Stovepipe Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a travel trailer.  The wife finishes up nursing school in the spring and once she gets a job we're going for it.  I've spent a ridiculous amount of time researching this purchase since 2012.  Between manufacture websites, numerous forums, talking to people at campgrounds, and kicking many tires at dealers I believe I've honed in on exactly what I want to buy.  Where I stand, nothing I've found beats Jayco for the price, warranty, and fit and finish.

In Tennessee it appears Dunlap RV Centers have the monopoly on Jayco products.  Tennessee RV in Knoxville used to carry them but discontinued this past spring.  Dunlap, which has facilities in Lebanon, Dunlap, and Bowling Green recently opened up a new dealership in Knoxville.  They have a good amount of units on the lot but no service facility yet, although they have plans to build one soon.  In the meantime they have a couple of mobile RV tech guys that are providing warranty service and general repairs at owners' homes (which is pretty cool).

My question is, do any of you have any experience with Dunlap?  I'm curious what sort of reputation they have across the state in terms of sales and service.  I like their attitude based on the handful of times I've been at the Knoxville lot.  I'd really like to do business with a local dealer but would be willing to take a road trip elsewhere to get my travel trailer if they absolutely refuse to come to terms on price.  It's a little odd to me that other dealerships don't deal in Jayco considering the Jay Flight series is the best selling travel trailer 10 years running.

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks.
Stovepipe
Stovepipe

Back to top Go down

Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers? Empty Re: Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers?

Post  Richard Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:27 am

I've never bought from a Dealer, unless Dave Kral is a dealer and didn't tell me. As for repairs, I switch between Lowes and Home Depot.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers? Empty Re: Anyone have experience with Dunlap RV Centers?

Post  chuck Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Just looking at the Dunlap website.. and the selection available in Knoxville.. I think the prices are very high. I know they are in Knoxville.. but you can drive a few hours and save several thousand dollars. IMHO

Maybe they will sell for a lot less.. but those prices scare me!
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum