Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have gotten so lazy

3 posters

Go down

I have gotten so lazy Empty I have gotten so lazy

Post  Richard Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:50 am

Jon and I are heading down to the Swamps of Southeast Alabama between Christmas and New Year to do a bit of hunting and fishing. I have gotten so lazy... I'm not even pulling the camper. I'm staying in a friend's guest room. The last time I went, I stayed in a relative's Lake House. I miss the freedom that using the camper brings, with sleeping in my own bed, having my own kitchen, and being as neat or messy as I choose on any given day. Still, I save a lot of gas on the 8-hour each way trip, and if the weather get's nasty, it's nice to not be pulling that trailer. I'm not giving up on camping, but only one of the kids still goes with me. (Be warned Dads, little girls grow up to be teenagers, and can pretty much lose their love of going camping with Dad.) Perhaps I'm getting older as much as I'm getting lazy. We used to camp year round. Now it's just a few trips in Spring and Fall. I would have never thought this would happen. Then again, I never thought I'd move away from Florida and stop Scuba Diving either.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

I have gotten so lazy Empty Re: I have gotten so lazy

Post  SouthWestyKim Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:28 pm

I guess it would be hard to want to camp by yourself. Not too many people do that. Without a kid or a spouse it might get lonely unless you meet up with friends who camp, but then that's what camping clubs like US are for !!!! We miss you at our campouts Richard !!
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Thanks Kim.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Richard needs to try it 1 time and see what it is like by himself. With the group who knows hanging with old Friends and new ones may do the trick.Very Happy affraid
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:28 pm

My 14 Year Old Son Jon doesn't want us to sell the camper. I suppose I could try a lone trip once, but I hated traveling alone when I did that for work for 16 years, even though I knew the people at the destination. I'll think it over Crawford.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum