Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where would you take your RV for repair?

5 posters

Go down

Where would you take your RV for repair? Empty Where would you take your RV for repair?

Post  craigw Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:04 am

If you needed to take your RV for a repair (non body work) and it was beyond your technical capabilities where would you go? Im going to need to get my bearings serviced and was wondering what your opinions were. I know my capabilities and feel that this is beyond mine. Im pretty technical but being I have never done this type of repair will let an expert handle this for me.

Any thoughts?
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Where would you take your RV for repair? Empty Re: Where would you take your RV for repair?

Post  chuck Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Not sure what your situation is.. and the fact that you have a 5th wheel.. as opposed to my small TT.. so our options will differ. I have a friend (I trust) who operates a towing and car repair service here in town.. who also has a camper. I think he would do things like bearings, brakes,..etc for me. I would probably take it there (it's close by too).

As for lube jobs.. my camper has the JAYCO "E-Z Lube" axle. Not sure what all that means.. but I think the lube job is supposed to be pretty simple. I need to re-check the owners manual.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Where would you take your RV for repair? Empty Re: Where would you take your RV for repair?

Post  craigw Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Im not totally sure which type I have. I will need to send a request to Forest River and get an "as built" spec sheet on my camper. I may see about finding a local guy if not i may have to take it back to camping world.

Thanks
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

So far, everything I've done to my camper has been beyond my technical ability. But I don't have as much at stake if I mess mine up.

I suspect any good tire store or mechanic shop should be able to handle the bearing job.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 am

Razz
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Where would you take your RV for repair? Empty Getting Repairs on RV's

Post  Crawford Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:13 am

Myself most of the time I feel better when I do the job but there are time I can't I call Ken's RV Repair He come right to your house he's off Hyd 66 some where near Seirville. If you need his number its Home # 865-577-7733 or cell 865-776-6959 he's really good and prices are fair. Like I said I don't let many touch my coach but him I will. Crawford Very Happy Cool
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Ahhh very nice. I've heard of him and was thinking about it and i think I will. Smile
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Crawford wrote:Myself most of the time I feel better when I do the job but there are time I can't I call Ken's RV Repair He come right to your house he's off Hyd 66 some where near Seirville. If you need his number its Home # 865-577-7733 or cell 865-776-6959 he's really good and prices are fair. Like I said I don't let many touch my coach but him I will. Crawford Very Happy Cool
Thanks for the tip. I never know who I would take my 5'er to, since the warranty has expired.

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Where would you take your RV for repair? Empty RV repairs

Post  Crawford Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 pm

You can hook up with Ken easier on his Cell phone Crawford
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:35 am

If you needed your bearings re-packed would you take to the "stealer" ?

I spoke with Ken and he does not do bearing work.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down