Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RV Gutters

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RV Gutters - Page 2 Empty Re: RV Gutters

Post  Richard Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 pm

The awning wasn't new, but was considerably better than the one I had (no duct tape). It fit perfectly. Turns out it is the roof portion of one of those "add a room" screen additions. There's the "half-zippers" all around it. Too bad the other parts are missing. The end tube was comprised of three pieces of electrical conduit and was heavy. The larger and lighter aluminum tube from my old awning was too big to slide into the sewn-in sleeve, but it had a channel in it to hold a spline. Since that's the way the whole awning attaches to the pop-up, I figured it would hold the tube on the end of the awning. I had some 3MM wire cable that worked great for the spline. I just ran it through the sleeve, started it in the groove on the aluminum tube and it went on pretty easily. Thanks Crawford.

Now to put the gutters on, and cut the steel safety bars to size before the trip to Harrison Bay in a week and a half.

I also finished up Alan's Aluminum Walker converted to Portable Camp Stove Stand. His top is made of 5/8" plywood, since the bottom of the stove won't get hot enough to damage it, and I already had the plywood. I'll bring it to you at Harrison Bay, Alan. Tacky is as tacky does! Recycle!

Alan, exactly how long is the awning track on your PUP? I think I can cut my old awning down (eliminating the torn part) to fit your PUP. If so, I may be able to do it before this trip and bring it to you.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Hey Richard when Mr Trimmer is back in town we will open his barn at camp ground and see what else is hiding in there maybe we will find more of awning now that I know what you have there.
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Ahhh, I thought you cleaned Mr. Trimmer out. It would be neat to have the other parts, even if they need repair.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 am

Richard wrote:Ahhh, I thought you cleaned Mr. Trimmer out. It would be neat to have the other parts, even if they need repair.
Richard that was just the first cleaning. You know how it is, when you start to throw things out, you find alot of things that you say, "I might just need this" Even though you'll never use it. Razz
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum