Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights

4 posters

Go down

After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights Empty After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights

Post  Richard Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 pm

OK, so where am I likely to find the best selection of after Christmas sales on lights to use as additional tacky lights. Wal Mart and such get cleaned out way too quickly.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights Empty Re: After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Richard, are you looking for anything specific?

Back to top Go down

After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights Empty Re: After Christmas deals on Christmas Lights

Post  merrykalia Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 pm

I usually try Lowe's. They seem to have quite a bit of a selection after Christmas. Kmart also usually has a lot of leftovers after Christmas here in Norton.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:35 pm

O' LORD, please no more tacky lights, Mad Razz Embarassed Embarassed
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:41 pm

I always forget we have a K-Mart. Maybe the other bargain hunters will as well.
I'm not looking for anything in particular, and may not want anything once I see what they have, but I could probably use a few strings of this and that.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 pm

I have seen some nice lights at Big Lots Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Save your money on buying tacky lights, and put it towards that new hybrid you see at the RV show. Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm not buying a "new" anything. There's no adventure in that.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:57 pm

I'll swing by Big Lots, there's one fairly close to my house.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 pm

We got our first set of lights there. I have seen some nice ones at Target, but not sure if they will be on sale/clearance after. Speaking of lights, I just can't seem to get into the holiday spirit this year. Better dig out the lights and put them on the tree tonight...

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Speaking of lights have any of you seen the lights at the Smoky's ball park off of route 40 exits 407 . WOW Richard your kids would love them. They have dancing lights with music plays off you car radio super for sure. Very Happy affraid
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Crawford wrote:Speaking of lights have any of you seen the lights at the Smoky's ball park off of route 40 exits 407 . WOW Richard your kids would love them. They have dancing lights with music plays off you car radio super for sure. Very Happy affraid

shadracks had a light place here in Bristol right down from the racetrack. They are not open this year but opened up down there. I am hoping to rent a cabin for a couple nights.. I sure could use a hot tub and a nice fire : ) and we would do the lights.

Richard, have you done the lights at the racetrack?

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm not looking for any type of lights in particular. Just something really cheap and tacky that are rated for outdoor use. The ones I got last year to put on coolbreeze's camper turned out to be for indoor use only. I'd hate to literally shock the guy. I figure I'll staple them to the sides of his 5er so he won't have to take them on and off. I'll wait till he's away from his campsite so it can be a big surprise.

santa santa santa lol!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Betty, we go at least once or twice every year to the Bristol Speedway in Lights. The kids love it, and the money goes to good causes. Plus you get to drive on the drag strip and the circle track. What's not to love. We usually try to go during the week, as the crowds seem to be thinner, which means not having to wait a long time to get in.

Crawford, they have the dancing lights (zillions of them) that keep time to the music at the Bristol Motor Speedway. The dancing lights used to be at a local boat dealer, but they are now part of the Speedway Light Show.

I'm amazed at how cool the Bristol Speedway lights are, and just how many antimated light displays they have. I'd recommend it to anyone, with or without kids.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Richard wrote:I'm not looking for any type of lights in particular. Just something really cheap and tacky that are rated for outdoor use. The ones I got last year to put on coolbreeze's camper turned out to be for indoor use only. I'd hate to literally shock the guy. I figure I'll staple them to the sides of his 5er so he won't have to take them on and off. I'll wait till he's away from his campsite so it can be a big surprise.

santa santa santa lol!

Staples + 5'er = I'm In!

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Richard wrote:I'm not buying a "new" anything. There's no adventure in that.
Why Richard, you would love that new RV smell, Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Here we go again with the tacky lights again. Ain't going to happen Mad
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

I made out like a bandit at Big Lots on the Christmas Lights today. I got 5 sets of rope lights that are multi color, and three sets of lights that are "motion" lights with various patterns. I'll have the tackiest tacky lights in the campground this year! These go well with the white beer cans that change colors, stars, flamingos, etc. that I already have.

With me having such a bounty of lights, can Tim possibly be safe?
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Richard wrote:I made out like a bandit at Big Lots on the Christmas Lights today. I got 5 sets of rope lights that are multi color, and three sets of lights that are "motion" lights with various patterns. I'll have the tackiest tacky lights in the campground this year! These go well with the white beer cans that change colors, stars, flamingos, etc. that I already have.

Sounds like you hit the motherload of lights at Big Lots : ) I need to go look...

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Richard wrote:I made out like a bandit at Big Lots on the Christmas Lights today. I got 5 sets of rope lights that are multi color, and three sets of lights that are "motion" lights with various patterns. I'll have the tackiest tacky lights in the campground this year! These go well with the white beer cans that change colors, stars, flamingos, etc. that I already have.

Of course, I can be safe Twisted Evil
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down