Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plexiglass scraps

2 posters

Go down

Plexiglass scraps Empty Plexiglass scraps

Post  Richard Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:22 pm

I'm looking for two pieces of plexi-glass or similar flat plastic material. They need to be about 10 inches by 10 inches. Any ideas?

I've got a new antenna DTV antenna design I want to experiment with. My fractal antenna worked, but was too fragile with the copper prongs. They bent out of perfect shape too easily. I plan to get some metalic tape and make the antenna design with it on a piece of plastic, and then sandwiched with another plastic piece. Two screws in the right place, and a 300 ohn to 75 ohm connector, and I'll be in business, hopefully. This way, the prongs won't bend out of perfect shape. That really makes a difference with this type of antenna.

I may be able to make a much more complicated design as well. Do a Google search for Fractal Antenna Design if you want to know what I'm talking about.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Plexiglass scraps Empty Re: Plexiglass scraps

Post  Crawford Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Lowe's has scrap pieces lay on floor by glass cutter they use the same machine to cut plastics maybe you can get them to donate them to the cause. Do you have one near you? Very Happy
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:43 am

The local Lowes manager bases his next year's store budget on whether I plan to keep my camper or not. Home Depot feels the same way. Both can be seen down in the valley from my back deck.

I'm actually considering something even lighter and easier. I found one that someone etched into mylar. It was flexible and could be taped to the window of a car. Pretty cool. I've just got to figure out how to etch crisp edged metal onto the flexible plastic. This is a tinkering project, not a real need.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum